Saturday, March 31, 2012

We Have a Winner!

I just picked up a light purple silk scarf for the winner of my recent contest. The winning guess came from a fellow student of Myo Sim karate and was $145, only $7 under the real price of $152. If you missed the original post, that $152 paid for two long-sleeved cotton dress shirts tailored to the husband's measurements and for me, three long-sleeved tailored linen shirts, two pairs of tailored linen slacks, one tailored linen pencil skirt, and one tailored loose, flowing silk skirt. The most expensive single item was the silk skirt, which was $22. On the trip to get the winner's scarf, we each ordered two pairs of casual linen pants, which for me will replace the two pairs of years-old cargo pants I brought along for daily bopping around here. If you ever get the chance to come to Hue, let me know, and I'll point you in the direction of what I still call the silk store around the corner (because that's where it is in relation to the hotel in which we lived three years ago).

No comments: